Using my Blendtec Blender:
1. cook/prepare ingredients (cook pasta or oatmeal, steam veggies etc.)
2. Add liquid to the blender.
3. Add soft foods like avocado or yogurt.
4. Add other ingredients.
5. DO NOT OVERFILL BLENDER. ONLY FILL TO TOP MEASUREMENT LINE.
6. Blend on WHOLE JUICE setting for one cycle.
7. Blend on SMOOTHIE setting for one cycle.
8. Let blend settle for 10 minutes.
9. Divide among straight sided mason jars and put on plastic storage jar lid.
10. Refrigerate 1 days worth of food and freeze the rest.
To heat refrigerated blend:
1. Remove lid.
2. Microwave on half power for 1 minute.
3. Replace cap and shake vigorously.
4. Remove cap and microwave for one more minute on half power.
5. Replace cap and shake vigorously.
6. Add additional liquid if needed to thin.
7. ALWAYS test temperature BEFORE feeding to prevent burns!
1. take food from freezer and place in fridge before bed (to be used for breakfast)
(If I forget to thaw in fridge, I use the defrost button on the microwave and defrost for 5 minutes)
2. Place previously frozen jar in microwave on defrost for about 3 minutes.
3. Shake vigorously.
I very rarely need to re-blend foods using this method. On occasion we'll have to re-blend because maybe a fiberous food wasn't soft enough before blending. Some foods just require more added liquid. Some blends will need to blend longer depending on the crunchiness and toughness of the foods like nuts for example.
Microwave times will vary depending on how cold/frozen your blend is and the power of your microwave. Always test the temperature of the food before serving heated food to children, loved ones, or patients!!!
Looking for recipe ideas? Try these: