Lunch needed to be quick today and my refrigerator is getting bare. I really need to go grocery shopping! Anyway, I quickly threw a really easy pasta dish and it was so good there wasn't even any left to take a photo of. The recipe follows:
1 box rotini pasta (whole grain recommended)
1 – 28 oz can stewed tomatoes
2 carrots, grated
½ sweet onion, diced
1 – 4 oz can sliced mushrooms
1 – 2.25 oz can sliced black olives
3 handfulls fresh baby spinach, chopped
2 T. olive oil
¼ t. salt
1 T. Oregano Basil & Tomato Spice Blend (such as The Gourmet Collection’s)
1. Saute onion and carrot in olive oil, add salt.
2. When carrots are soft, after approximately 5 minutes, add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives and spice blend. Cook covered over medium-low heat.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions.
4. When pasta is finished, remove sauce from heat and stir in spinach.
5. Serve pasta with generous helping of tomato veggie sauce.